Don’t become a victim! Discover how to fight back!
The Personal Safety Survey (2006) provided data on Australian women’s lifetime experiences of violence (since the age of 15). In Australia:
• 40% of all women have experienced violence since the age of 15.
• 29% have experienced physical assault.
• 17% have experienced sexual assault.
• 16% have experienced violence by a current or previous partner in their lifetime.
• Since the age of 15, 33% have experienced inappropriate comments about their body or sex life.
• 25% have experienced unwanted sexual touching, and 19% have been stalked.